Thursday, April 19, 2012

Owwieee...

Ok, so I'm not sure what I did and maybe it's my body fighting back and saying no way but I have back pain like nobody's business. I was down for the count last week because of an awesome allergy/cold thing going on. I took time to rest and recoup. I know I've been burning the candle on both ends lately so my immune system was just MAKING me rest.

I'm sure this is how it is for most moms. We go go go and don't stop and make sure we rest until we're forced too...it maybe kicking and screaming but we finally have to give in and rest.

I always have something going on or to do, especially with 3 kids, 3 jobs and a husband, family and friends. I feel like it's never ending.

So when I signed up for our yearly 10k, otherwise known as The Bellin I knew this would be MY time. I would take time to train and get back in the game.....(buzzer sounds...eeeeerrrrttt) yeah no way my body had other things in mind. It said "Girl you need some down time" and of course I didn't listen. I do what I do all the time I ingnored it.

Isn't that what our life is when you get heavier....you ignore your reflection because to be honest looking at myself in the mirror is painful.  I see this fit inshape girl clawing to get out and this heavy girl sitting on the fit girl and saying no damnit. I like being to eat what I want.  It's this inner tormoil that keeps me from giving it my all.  This is a huge turning point!

I want to be able to wear my skinny girl clothes and to wear my cute clothes that I love.  I love looking cute and dressing up. I think it's because I'm in yoga pants, a tee and a sweatshirt all day...that's my work attire.

So I say this to you......................................take a deep breath and really look at yourself in the mirror....
Now are you ready to make this journey with me or not.......................I'm waiting......

And I'm off...Monday it's back to the grind.....I can't say that I just had a baby anymore because my baby is 1 today...I have to take control and maybe be a little crazy at first to get back what I want.....

What is that?  To be comfortable in my own skin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me a little love and leave me a comment!