Monday, September 24, 2012

Running is a drug...

I love to run!! I love it. It's my own little therapy session and I can tell you it's alot cheaper than therapy or so I've been told. So here's some truth into why I run and well just because

In March of 2007 I went on antiaxiety meds. My world felt like it was crashing down around me. I had family issues, job issues, money issues and a 2-1/2 year old. I was so stressed out that I would literaly hide out at home. While this was super easy for me since I worked at home, it was not me.
I am very much a people person I love to be with people but this axiety was holding me captive. I just didn't want to leave I just wanted to stay home.

So in pops the magic pill or what I thought was magic, and it did work for a bit. It took the edge off my life. I didn't freak out randomly anymore and it was easier to handle things for awhile, but I had no drive, no energy, no ambition, nothing...so fast forward to Nov 2011 when I went off my meds.

It was rough at first and I actually had some awful panic attacks but I made it through all the time working out by doing step areobics, kickboxing. It wasn't until May 2012 that I found my love for running again, and I started off super slowwwwww.....I walk to warm up, go into the park and try to run the whole park....one day I finally did it, and from there it's history.

I now run a 3 miler on Mondays, 4 on Wednesdays, and 6 on Saturdays. Running helps me sort out the BS in life, it helps me zone out and enjoy music, it helps my body's circulation issues, it helps me to have a self gratifing moment of I did it!! I'm really doing this. I'm running and I'm getting better, and faster, and fitter...and most of all it's do-able.

I'm losing weight and I don't get too freaked out when I plateau.I just know that I'm not eating as well or I need to step up my game and I'm doing it. Hopefully this time next year I'll be at my goal weight ...until then here are some pic's 25lbs lost already 75 more to go.


Yes I know I have a ton to go...Loving the sagging gut. Thanks to my beautiful 3 children. I have lovely stretch marks that yes once I lose my weight I will get a mom makeover.
I maybe vain but I would like to be comfortable in my own skin and if that's what it takes I'm going to do it. I'm still young and I want to enjoy wearing young clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me a little love and leave me a comment!