Thursday, February 21, 2013

Try..Try...Try..

After my 15K I was flying on runners high. I was stoked that I was still in the mood to run. Last time I ran that far for a race I lost all running love. Well truthfully I don't think I had runner's love. I think I just wanted to lsoe weight and I wanted it gone fast. Hey it worked for Jennifer Lopez, Katie Holmes to name a couple of people that trained after they had babies. Well there was one thing that was missing last time. My head wasn't in the game so to speak.
There is a quote that says
Don't let your mind bully you body.
I think my mind was definately fighting my body. Until I said no more.......

Last year I was sick and tired of being fluffy...a nice word for fat!
I know it wasn't all my own doing but I needed to be more pro-active.
I took a good look at what I was doing with my life and what I was doing.
I was taking step class on Mondays and teaching it sometimes. I was teaching kettlebells on Wednesday night but I wasn't seeing results. I was being honest I couldn't spend another summer uncomfortable and I said NO MORE!!!

So let's recap I started running 3x a week and upped my mileage every week. I was getting faster and then WINTER came...Gaa.. I love having four seasons but winter is really killing me this year. Anyways, if you've read this little blog or check out my facebook status you see that I push through it. I run when it's snowing, I run when it's single digit temps, I run when it's dark, I run when most people would stay in side and stay warm. I push to run three times a week. I take no prisonors. I don't have a gym membership and I don't own a treadmill. My gym is my home and good old sidewalks and roads.

So when it is freezing rain or and ice skating rink outside I will pass on the occasion. I make a date with Jillian Michaels and get my butt handed to me, and I love it.

So last week I wasn't able to run until Saturday. A whole week...yikes. I did do two Jillian Michaels workouts and ate within my calories. I set on Saturday to run 6 milesish..and I ended up doing 8 BOOYAHHHH!!!! Yep I pounded out 8 miles and didn't stop, well I did for the stop lights where I couldn't dodge the passing cars like a game of frogger.
I got home and felt great!

I ran my race on Monday 6 miles in!! It was rough but I still did it. It was slippery and fell once but I still did it.

And last night I pushed out 4 miles. No stopping.

Now here's the epihany moment for some of you. I needed to run. I was a crabby, bitchy pain in the ass. I try to be positive and for the last two days I was not! I was just in a funk and needed a recharge and that's what running has done for me. It's my reboot, my recharge, the place where it's all about me. I can take a moment from my job, my mommy responsiblities, my wife duties, it's my own personal all about me. It's a time I can rock out to my music and be completley free from troubles well except for the occasional walker I run past. LOL.

So anyway as I'm pounding the pavement and listening to my tunes on pops one of my favorite songs..well there're all my favorite it's my playlist damn it.
Anyway the lyrics..
       Where there is desire
       There is gonna be a flame
       Where there is a flame
       Someone's bound to get burned
        But just because it burns
        Doesn't mean you're gonna die
        You've gotta get up and try try try
        Gotta get up and try try try
        You gotta get up and try try try

Now last night those words really hit home. I just wanted to stop I wanted to quit but I kept going because my mind said so. My mind said you got this!!! My mind said you worked so hard for this! You are a rockstart!!

February is looking like a big month for me and I'm hoping that at the end of this month I will hit a huge milestone and when that happens I will share it with you.

So go on and be great. What's stopping you? What negative thought is causing you not to start your new journey?

motivation fitness quotes

Peace & Love
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me a little love and leave me a comment!