Monday, October 28, 2013

Oh For The Love of FALL!


Oh the season of Fall how I love thee. I can wear jeans and sweatshirts and not worry about my muffin top. I can run without wheezing. Fall is by far my favorite season.

But Fall tends to be the busiest in our home. We have 2 mini's with fall birthdays, Halloween, and everyone wants family pictures, and kids pictures done. So it tends to be super crazy, and my house usually looks like the tazmainian devil has gone through it.

This past week I had pictures, pumpkin patch, pumpkin carving, and the double birthday party.

After my shoots on Sunday we headed to the Pumpkin Patch to get our pumpkins.
My kids know that they have to appease mom with one pumpkin patch group shots. Much to their chagrin. Yes, they may talk about this years later in therapy...how they were scarred but too bad.





 
 
Now onto the pumpkin carving. We are very non-traditional in the pumpkin carving. We love to pick out a fun stencil or make one. No triangle eyes here.
C is watching very intently

B doesn't like the pumpkin guts


 

We make pumpkin carving easier by laying out a plastic table cloth on our work service. All the guts and goo go on that. Then when we're done we can wrap up the leftover junk and into the garbage it goes or the compost pile but we don't have one.
From start to finish it only took us an hour and a half. Not to shabby.


B's cat

C's Monkey

My Minions and Gru

T's Mario

The Hubs Tree


Clearly we are awesome pumpkin carvers and should receive a medal. This year our carvings were pretty easy compared to the past years. We've had Vanilla Ice, Lionel Richie, Animal, Red from Fraggle Rock just to name a few.

I'm hoping to get the mini's birthday party recap up tomorrow, but we're in for an internet upgrade so I will be MIA for a couple days until that's all settled.

How was your weekend? Any Pumpkin carving awesomeness to report?

1 comment:

Show me a little love and leave me a comment!