Monday, June 16, 2014

Back to the Grind

Hello Monday Morning!!!
I can honestly say I did not have enough down time this weekend. Here's to hoping next weekend might be a little slower!!
Last week I had some heafty goals. What I did was marked in red.
Monday - Run Did 3 Miles
Tuesday - rest Rested
Wednesday - Run/Strength Spin/Leg Strength
Thursday - Spin Rest
Friday - Strength and stretch Stretch
Saturday - Bellin 10k Race Race Day!!
Sunday - Rest Rest

I went to the chiro on Tuesday and sure enough my ankle was jacked out of place a little. So being a good patient I decided to for go any running until the race. I still spinned and did some leg strength. I'm resuming the weights today. The cleanse is going great. I had one slip up of sugar Friday night and I paid for it Saturday. Yikes...Do not I repeat do not eat sugar while on the cleanse. Although, my hubby said it might have just been the subway. I think not!!!
It was also the kiddos last day of school on Thursday!!! I'm so excited to have them home for a little bit before school starts back up.
Left -First day of school / Right -last day of school

As for the race I felt I did pretty good at the race given that I had to stop and go potty a couple times and I felt like I may puke every minute, BUT I only stopped to go potty and that's it. I didn't PR, but I didn't think I would. My best time for this race has been 1:08 (with a potty break, teeny tiny bladder here). That time was when I was 50lbs lighter. I ended up finishing in 1:15. Now I know there are a ton of people out there that can run way faster and that's ok, I only try to do the best I can and I feel like I did that!!!



Saturday after the race we had a graduation party that lasted 9 hours. It was a ton of fun!!!!
Sunday was Father's day and we started the day off with brunch with my padre, and then we came home and I let my hubby take a nap while I weeded and planted flowers with kiddos!! A huge storm rolled in and after that was done we headed to the in-laws to hang for a bit. After a couple hours of an Eye Spy marathon, we went to leave only to find that our middle man locked the car doors with our keys in it. AWESOME....lol. really I should know better. After running home and getting the spare we came home and enjoyed our family pizza night. It was an awesome weekend.

This week here are the goals:
Monday -Run/arms
Tuesday - Spin/Legs
Wed- Run/arms
Thursday - Spin/Legs
Friday - Stretch or yoga
Saturday - Long Run 13 miles
Sunday - Rest

Here we go!!! Marathon training is back in full swing. I'm hoping for 6-9 miles runs during the week and longer ones on the weekend. I'm going to keep up the strength training and the spin since they really helped me with time and endurance during the race in April!! 
I'm super excited because it's my birthday on Sunday and we're going out for a big juicey steak dinner on Saturday. I'll be done with my cleanse by then and onto the second part of the 24 day challenge. I'll be back to being a good girl after that dinner. I really like the way I'm feeling and I'm noticing little changes in my body.....like the good old girls are shrinking...ekkk....
That's all I got. I hope you are doing great and sticking to your goals.
Share them with me. If you want me to help you stay accountable let me know!!!

Have a great week!!!

What are goals? Are you eating clean?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I wish I could run.. I am working on it but seriously I find no joy in it.. I wish I did!

    ReplyDelete

Show me a little love and leave me a comment!