Monday, July 28, 2014

Back To Your Regularly Scheduled Broadcast

Hey Hey Hey.....
Now that life is back to normal or as normal as my life can be.
I love love love routine. I find I do the best when my routine is on track. Exercise, eating, life in general.
My job is not totally routine but that is fine. We have a semi-routine, but I really just go with how the kids are feeling.
Exercise is a huge routine must for me. Monday through Sunday I have it all planned out. If I mess up day I try to get in my missed workout somewhere.
Eating- This is huge!! I really wish sometimes that I could just graze on whatever and it would be ok, but that's not how I roll. So I have to map it out.

Since my sister's wedding wrapped up last weekend I needed a little breather. I needed to sit back and just get some rest and recharge. I needed to re-establish my goals and really focus and what really matters.
We all know this life we live is really super short. We get a blink of an eye to really accomplish anything. I'm the type of person that really tries to do it right, although sometimes my right and what's really "right" is all over the place. So with that being said I took a break last week and didn't let the pressures of what I'm suppose to be doing get to me.

Preach it Demi

So as some of you know Mondays, Wednesdays, & Saturdays are strength and run days for me.

And since I was exhausted from the wedding I didn't get up early and since it was friggn' hot out during my run time, my home girl Hide-a-Key and I just walked. We caught up and had some Starbucks.

I also feel these pictures would be better with a prego belly, but since that shop is closed and I'm not about to do one from the chest down (because nobody needs to see that) this will have to do.

Tuesday I skipped getting up again because I'm lame and I needed more sleep, but I did get some good news.
See that blonde hottie....and if you don't follow the arrow. That's my "real life" friend Lori. She is the bomb.
I was actually going to write a whole post on her awesomeness but since Jen beat me to it I'll send you to her page. Just because I don't want to steal her thunder. I will say that I love Lori to death. She is really one of my soul sisters and I can't wait to see her again soon!!!

Wednesday again I slept in but since it was super nice and hot out (again with all the heat...), the little kiddos napped and the big kiddos played in the sprinkler and mini-pool. While they did that I decided to man up and get back to business of building the baby guns. Later that night was run night and I was dreading this run like the plague. I am a total fan of heat. In fact I love the heat, but only if I'm laying around and don't have to do anything. Now when it comes to running I'm in heaven at a comfortable 50-55 degrees. That's my sweet spot. No asthma issues, legs are you see where I'm going here? So with that being said it was an uncomfortable 85 with 100% humidity. For the love of God...but being back on team get yo shit together I did it. 
Love the minis!!

Thursday I was suppose to get up early, the same with you see a trend here.
I was so unbelievably sore from my Wednesday kick butt into action that I could barely move. I did some stretching on Friday but I was still hobbling around like an old woman.

Saturday I had a plan to get up early like 4:00AM to get ready for myself ready for a 5AM run solo. So I went to bed early Friday night and proceeded to get woken up every 2 hrs by one or the other of my mini men. T had growing pains (leg cramps), C had to go potty and needed a gink (drink), T got up again because his tummy hurt, C got up because his ankle you see a trend here. So I literally got no sleep. My alarm went off at 4, 4:15, 4:30 and I never heard any of them at all. I must have turned them off in my sleep. My husband even tried to wake me up at 6:30 asking if I was going running and apparently I said "Well I guess that's going to work out", and went right back to sleep. All of which I remember nothing....

I woke up at 8:30 and felt better and didn't feel depressed or bad about it. I actually kind of felt revived and rejuvenated. So being that I had the mini's for the day, since the hubby was going into work I decided that I would take them on a bike ride. Truth post here I hate riding my bike on the street, in my garage that's fine, but I'm always afraid of riding with the kids on the city streets because people are crazy. So after a quick demo of how to install the bike rack, I packed up the boys and we headed off to the trail. It's paved, it's local, and it's safe.
My little guys made it!!! The little one - C rides in the trailer, and Big T pedaled his little legs off. We stopped at 4.5 miles to play at the park for a bit and have a snack. Then we were back on the trail for the rest of our ride. I was so beyond impressed with T's riding abilities. He did awesome! We then headed for home for some lunch and cleaned a bit. Then it was time for me to get ready for my mTT run.

I signed up to do the Packers (Go Pack Go) 5k race. If you're not familiar with mTT you can read all about it and my past race here and here.
This organization is super close to my heart and keeps me humbled in my own life. Life is too short to take it for granted. Anyways, so I was part of Team Patrick. 
Patrick (in the white shirt) can walk, talk, and even run, but he is blind in his left eye and can only see partially in his right. In order, for him to participate in any endurance event he needs someone to hold onto him or to be tethered. So with Joel (tall guy in back with visor on) on his right and tethered and me (big sunglasses and white skirt) on his right and with Jayne (red headband, black shorts) in front or behind he was able to participate in this race.

Packer's 5k Team

Before the race we had to get bikes set-up, name tags on, and a little pre-race fun. Then it was time to line up for the group pictures and honor a Captain that passed away. Captain Kyle was honored with a stroller with his pictures on it that Katie pushed and also a balloon release. It's always sad to say good-bye, but we know he's in a better place and doesn't need a stroller anymore. He can run free.

Patrick did amazing. He finished his race strong, and I feel so blessed to meet him and his parents.

Yes I was screaming at the top of my lungs "GO TEAM PATRICK GO!!!!"

Sunday I had church, and a bridal shower to attend, then it was home for family time.
This week I'm back into routine. I already did my morning workout and I'm hopeful that my run tonight will go well since it's a whopping 60 degrees. Ya ya...

How was your weekend? Any fun plans? 



  2. We are so much alike… 3 kids and a LOVING routines Mom here too ;)


Show me a little love and leave me a comment!